Instead of memorizing English grammar rules and vocabulary words only, in this online intensive English course students will not only learn to use English grammar, vocabulary, idioms, sentence structures from the reading, writing, listening and speaking materials in various units, but also understand some parts of American culture from the instructor's personal experience.
Students will also practice using spoken and written languages in English to communicate with foreigners.
Moreover, students will complete at least one authentic task in order to practice using English skills in daily life at the end of the course.
1. Students will learn English pronunciation and phonics.
2. Students will learn how to use English grammar, such as singular-plural nouns, verb tenses, the use of modal verbs, the use of adjective and adverb, and so forth appropriately.
3. Students will learn communication skills and practice having conversations in English.
4. Students will practice writing on various topics, such as a formal vs. informal email, a invitation letter, a complaint letter, and a thank you.
5. Students will learn to use content and context to understand the author’s purposes (main idea & specific details), make inferences, and summarize the reading texts.
6. Students will learn to use various idioms.
Learners who are interested in learning English
Students need to know 26 letters in English, understand basic grammar rules, and have high motivation on learning English language.